Innovation and continuous development
Innovation is second nature to Spühl. The company was founded by Heinrich Spühl in 1877 as a sort of inventor’s workshop, but within a few short years the first patent was registered for a spring binding machine, and the inventions featured at the Paris World Exhibition. The driving forces behind the company remain innovativeness and ingenuity.
Continuing to the present day, the machine park is continuously being updated, with the 2019 acquisition of a state-of-the-art 5-axis milling and machining centre. This robotically controlled machine combines the functions of milling and turning. Following on from this new investment, the workpiece clamping methods were also re-examined. Thomas Reis, the manager of 3-D CNC machining, had seen the centre clamping GARANT Xtric at a trade fair. It proved a revolutionary clamping concept, featuring a rapid jaw-changing system, which saved time with blanks and finished components alike. At the same time, it enables extremely flexible, multiple clamping capabilities. The exhibitor of the GARANT Xtric was SFS, who market the Hoffmann Group products in Switzerland.